Sunday, December 28, 2008

Changes In Life

I was 15 years olf and a junior in high school, and the worst possible thing that could happen to me did. My parents decided to move our family from Sabah to Singapore. I had exactly 1 week to pack up all my stuff. I had to leave my room, my first boyfriend, my school and my bunch of best friends behind, and try to start a new life.


Honestly, at that point of time ( well, it lasted for 3 years), I despised my parents for ruining my life. I feel like a sakai ( aborigine) going to live in somewhere urban and metropolis.


I told everyone that I did not want to live here and would be returning to hometown the first chance I had. When I was at the new place, I made sure to keep my distance from everyone, thinking that I would just be leaving soon anyway.


The first day of school came, and I was miserable. I could only think of my friends back in Kota Kinabalu and how I wished I could be with them. For a long time, I felt that my life was over.


Eventually though, things got much better ( after 4 years for goodness sake). I have a new home, a good family, a caring boyfriend, a truckloads of die hard buddies, found my love back in art and music and even develop it as my lifetime career. I still keep in touch with all my old friends, who are now all over the world. I think I am greedy and contented. ( Just lack of a pet)


I now understand that my parents did not move the family to somewhere strange and new to hurt me, although at that time, it sure felt as though they had. I now firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. For had I not moved here, I never would have met so many other pretty little things.

Thank you everyone. Thank you God ( if you're here reading this, or even if you're not here somewhere above the sky and heaven) I want to tell all of you out there that I LOVE YOU ALL!

Happy New Year 2009 and a big wet goodbye kiss for 2008.

------------------------------------------------

p/s: Thank you for all the hardworking people at Safra booth that Saturday and Sunday. How can I ever thank you all! I just feel sorry that both events are cancelled and I feel unfair and restless, don't you think that our effort is somehow wasted???????????????????????????????? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID ORGANISERS! ( No pun intended)