Thursday, October 9, 2008

To hell and back. Full stop.

Good evening homo sapiens ( if you still are one after all the hustle and bustle of life), and I'm back from my trip to hell.

My fingers are now bloodily aching after the never ending cutting of XXXL-hard corrugated cardboards and a few merciless burns contributed by the good old glue gun. ( Whew. I'm using lots of stupid words, juxtaposing everything together)


I was in the library for the whole day, wearing the same old shoes that was soaked in the rain the day before ( powderfully smelly man...), cutting and glue-ing out a random artifact ( which I had totally no idea what I was doing...). I know my mood & heart are somewhere else, but not in me.




I prefer to have the day passed at the library to staying inside the stuffy painting studio ( tying to gasp in some fresh air...) and insist on looking at the teacher's owe-punching face.

Well, what do you expect us to do? A skyscraper? When you did not even teach us anything about it, just throw in the assignment and do?

Ok, I forgot. Correction. Nafa's a college. And we, the students here, are supposed to be independent individuals who will go and do researches and get inspiration from any corner of the world...

So I pay that much for a 3 hour tutorial just to come and get some meaningless assignment. Excluding my tuition grant and asean scholarship, I'm actually paying almost $70 for a 3 hour tutorial like this.

Haha, and yup you're right, money does flies down from the sky.

And even better, after putting so much effort in achieving your final 3d artifact, you just show your teacher a while, let them catch a glance on your masterpiece, listen to their relatively useless, and take a picture of it by saying "cheeses crust".

Submit. So that's the life of your tour de force. Captured inside the tiny frame, and do you know how much difference it is to view at the work of art itself than looking at the pictures?????? Pictures only speak a thousand words. The work itself speaks a river and sea.

Ok fine, so did you say maybe the teachers remembered our actual design? When they couldn't even remember our names over and over and over again, asking whether I'm from Malaysia for the 8000th times, forgot and mispronounced my name for the 9000th times and asking Angela whether she's from China for the 10000th times.


Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada

******

Back to reality, ok I think I'm way out of board now but those are my heart felt utterance. Nevertheless, I still enjoy school life with the great people around. And trust me, I think I learn more from my friends than from the teachers. Sometimes hanging around with them chatting, gossiping, drinking kopi O Kau Kau, eating Add Add Add rice, or doing absolutely nothing means a lot to me. Don't ever underestimate the value "doing nothing". Even the 3 seconds of interval between two breaths rest the mind by a lot.

Thanks to Mimi's onigiri, Eza's penknife ( to cut the boards lah not to cut myself), Johnston's silence, Shane's omg stunts, Angela's tittle tattle and nagging(s), Mr Hu's uncle-ish sweaty gan gan zuo encouragement. All the mutual hi-byes

And most importantly. My sunshine and old friends who are locked deeply in my heart.

Last but not least. Myself. Without all this I won't learn so much everyday.

Compared to ( Again! I'm always comparing how horrible life there is!) life back in the junior college, it was more tiring and arduos, but it's weird, it's art, it's something I like. Even though I was mad as written at the abovementioned, but till the end of the day...

All's well that ends well. =)

So I was still sitting in the library for the whole day, wearing the same old shoes that was soaked in the rain the day before ( powderfully smelly man...), cutting and glue-ing out a random artifact ( which I had totally no idea what I was doing...). I know my mood & heart are somewhere else, but not in me. BUT BUT once in a while my mood and heart come back when I suddenly laugh at a joke sunshine told me a week ago, or the gang just splurted out a dirty yellow joke, or a sweaty uncle suddenly ( I should use the word consistently) acting like a 3 year old, or a long hair extension tickled pass by my face, or the cute silence, or the rhythm of a new beatbox hit, or a pleasant soprano's high pitching of giggles.

I appreciate all of that. =)



Wenfeng's landscape. I called it " The sweaty swan lake".








My Gongbi paintings! I really love gongbi a lot actually. Despite the truckloads of homeworks, we spent some pleasing quiet moments watching the teacher paint the florals petals by petals, showing us how to paint, every stroke of it. Now that's what I call a worthy and fulfilled class...

=) Ogay, time to sleep, cuz there's Nafa sports day tomorrow! And I just wanna enjoy it =)!