Friday, February 29, 2008

Woodlands Checkpoint Hazard

When I woke up, the bus was still on the road, not moving even a bit. The right side of BKE was totally dominated by motorcyclists ( When you see a whole road of heads, you feel irky), their eyes faded down while watching the rain pouring aimlessly on them. It'd been like endless since all of us got stucked here, cars, motorcycles, buses, lorries, human beings.


So I started to blame at the rain. I love rainy days but when it got us into such situation, who would adore then? So I took out my organiser & started scribbling.


When all of us eventually arrived at the checkpoint, there were lots of posters with a guy's picture pasted around the pillars that I couldn't help to get a look on it. His name was Mas Selamat. Weird name, as Selamat brings the meaning of "safe" in Malay. The picture was slightly pixelated.


Please call us immediately if you see him!!!!


I'm like, Wow, who is this dude... But when I reached JB checkpoint, the same thing happened, these wanted posters were everywhere! Like it's having election or something (hahaha... I'm totally irritated by all these, didn't know why)


But when everyone was at home, I kept complaining how the rain caused such strawberry jam at the checkpoint. Babu told me stop biasing the rain, not the fault of it? It's that wanted guy. Mas Selamat.


I freaked off a bit... He was the terrorist that had planned to bombard 7 places of Singapore years ago. Indonesian government caught him & he was brought back to the island, locking him up at a detention centre. & now he'd escaped, while he was in the toilet... No wonder the checkpoint was so much stricter. -_-'''


I had a good laugh, but imagine all about this, my goose pimples all stood up...